Thursday, April 24, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Today couldn't have gone worse if I TRIED!

Yesterday the agency calls, Maggie has an audition for Similac today at 2:30. I first declined because I knew I couldn't have a sitter for the boys. They said we really should go and to take the boys with me. Alrighty, I was willing to give it a try.

So TODAY!

I take Luke to school then go to Walmart for things to keep them occupied during audition. On the way I come to a stop sign and at the same time Gavin turns on the light in the back and I turn back to tell him to turn it off and I kind of stop but roll through the sign. Of course...... a cop. So I got a ticket. He was nice though and thanked me for being such a nice person and cooperative.lol. bite me buddy.

2nd. We get to LA a little early but because Los Angeles is such a CRAP HOLE there is no parking ANYWHERE near where we need to go. So we have to park about 8 blocks away. I pull Maggie out and she has pooped all over her whole outfit! Fine, clean her up. Pull the boys out and Gavin wet his pants! That I did not plan for with an extra outfit.
I have all the kids loaded in the stroller and Maggie attached to my chest in the Bjorn. So we walk through the glamorous streets of LA with all the homeless. Lovely.
Audition goes good. And the boys were great!

We leave and some homeless lady follows us talking to us and touching Maggie almost the WHOLE way back to the car I get to the car and we hear a bunch of sirens and see a police helicopter circling our area. There is a police chase going on a few streets over! So I hurry and load everyone and get the hell out of there.

It gets better...........

Maggie is hungry and screaming, so I pull into the only place that has an gosh darn Parking lot in LA which is the Goodwill. I go to pull in a stall and I hit the truck next to me. Totally my fault. The guy I hit was standing right there so I checked our cars and there was no real damage but I told him I was going to get a pen and be right back. I walked over to the front of Goodwill where people were standing and got a pen, came back and he LEFT! He was hispanic and I don't think he understood what exactly I was doing. I didn't know what to do. I was scared to leave and be arrested down the road for a hit and run or something crazy! So I called and reported myself! They couldn't believe it. lol. I was transfered 3 times before I finally got someone who could help me and even he I heard cover the phone and repeat back to someone what I had just said and say "What do I do?" HAHA!
They said he was probably illegal and didn't want to report anything. They took my info and said if anything comes in they will give him my number to contact me to exchange our info. But at least I'm covered I guess.

Never did feed Maggie so she screamed the ENTIRE 2 1/2 hour drive home in traffic!

Do you think it ends there? HA! HA! Oh one would think so, but no.
To top off the night we are upstairs watching Brian nail in the baseboards when I hear Luke wimpering, I go to find him and I run into him at the top of the stairs, he's dark red and trying to cry but just gasping for air.
Our laundry baskets are these fold up cloth kind with short straps. He had somehow gotten both basket's handles wrapped so tightly around his neck I couldn't get my fingers through at first. One of the baskets was partially filled with folded towels so it was weighing it down and making it tighter. I called for Brian to help me and we got it untangled and off his neck. But it took minutes for his color to come back to normal and he has 2 small welts on each side of his neck where the straps were.

AH! What a day! So here I sit with my much deserved (but not afforded lol) Starbucks and try to catch my breath.

Even after such a crazy day I found myself tonight watching my boys pretend to do "man's work" with their Daddy and thought to myself: In all the craziness, in all the chaos, running around, bumps, bruises, tears, smiles and giggles...I love my family. I really really love them. And this is all going by way too fast.

5 comments:

Beth/mom/AB said...

OHHH MYYYY GOSH! WHAT A DAY! i WOULD BE CUTTING OFF SOME STRAPS ON THOSE LAUNDRY BASKETS FOR SURE! As I read this I knew most of it, so when I got to that part you could hear me GASP from there I am sure! How scary! Thank God you heard him! I love you all!

greatgrandmawebb said...

Now you know what it means when they say somedays it just doesn't
pay to get up. You are so your Mom,
she says to the cop, No, No I really deserve the ticket, please
give it to me. I can't give you
any sympathy because you got such
a great attitude and realize the
true values in your life. God
bless you, Brian and those great
kids. I love you!

Dawn said...

Melanie Dawn....you made me cry. Your grateful heart is beating loud enough for us all to hear! You are amazing! I love you!

The Gilles Family said...

Holy crap, Mel! You're so awesome! (Ditto the strap cutting, Aunt Beth!)

Pedicures in Nashville, on me! Mommies Day Out (AKA: The things we must do so we don't quit our day jobs.)

Love you guys!

Shannon Bieger said...

OMG I didn't know about the laundry basket part!!!!!!! I'm so freaked out right now even though it was days ago and I know he's ok.