Friday, April 18, 2008

Almost There...

Well, the downstairs bathroom was tiled on Wednesday, and after about 5 trips to Lowe's (seriously... I'm so sick of th), I got the pedestal sink re-installed! This was no small task. It's one of those things that the web pages all make look easier than it really is. After 2 attempts, I was leak-free (the first attempt resulted in a leaky trap) and all caulked up! 8-)

Nearing home plate. All three bathrooms have 2 coats of grout sealer (thank goodness since Gavin saw fit to PEE on it tonight), all that's left is the baseboard install. Stay tuned. I promise, there'll be some more cute kid pictures soon!

5 comments:

greatgrandmawebb said...

Looks great Brian, tell me how many
cuss words does it take to install
a pedestal sink? Never, never
believe the instructions and when
someone tells you it will only take
a short amount of time, triple it
and you will probably be close.
gavin just gave it the ultimate
test, he is so proud of you. Love
you guys.

The Gilles Family said...

WOW! I'm totally digging the diamond pattern, too! Sweet job!

And tell me, did you go to the store and ask for a specific kind of caulk? :D

Brian said...

"did you go to the store and ask for a specific kind of caulk?"

Haha. Yeah, basically the guys in the paint department are the only ones you're ever allowed to say "Caulk" to... I mentioned caulk to the guys here at work once and all I got was chuckles.

Dawn said...

It's beautiful! Well done!

Erick said...

"I mentioned caulk to the guys here at work once and all I got was chuckles."

i heard it got you a raise