Saturday, December 15, 2007

Finally!

I'm FINALLY in the Christmas spirit! Why does it seem when you're a kid Christmas spirit and cheer come so easily. But as an adult you're so busy rushing and stressing you forget to take a break and enjoy this all. Suddenly it's all over and you're wondering where it all went....and where this giant mountain of toys came from that you now have to find a place for. lol
What put me in the Christmas spirit finally you ask? My niece's. Today was my niece McKenna's dance recital. It seems to never fail, I get emotional and tears fill up in my eyes when I see her dance her little heart out on stage. So innocent and sweet...and so darn little. It takes all I have to not cry completely. But today was extra hard to keep it in. While McKenna danced gracefully on stage I looked over to see Kyla sitting on Uncle Bri's lap, moving her arms mimicking the girls every dance moves.Wanting so badly to be up there and part of the show with her big sister,her best friend. I knew exactly how she felt.

As I sat there at the recital for the first time holding my own daughter I couldn't help but imagine what it might be like in just a couple years with her up on stage too. I can't wait.


3 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

"I knew exactly how she felt."

Aww! : )

I didn't even see Kyla dancing during the show! How sweet! She should know the whole dance by heart....she made McKenna practice it 2 dozen times! LOL!

I was picturing Maggie during the recital too! That one dance where the little girls were in red and white....there was one tiny one who just made me think of Maggie for some reason and I was thinking how fun it would be to see her do a recital one day.

But not the boys. No tap dancing for them please!

The Gilles Family said...

Awww, Look at Kenna!

I can't wait until we can come to some of these shows, too!

And I'm so glad you're in the spirit of Christmas now! You're right. It comes so easily to children, and we can take a lesson from them on how to just be in the wonder of it all.

And tap dancing boys can be VERY cool, ala Savion Glover.

But he IS black. So he's got your white kids on coolness there... ;)

Erick said...

i think luke and gavin could give the three brothers a run for their money. brian shall be proud.