Friday, May 9, 2008

Always something with this little nugget

Today we had Maggie's make up shot appointment. While her doctor was listening to her chest I noticed he was spending more time then he usually does listening to her heart. He then said "lets lay her down and take a listen" at this point I had an idea of what he might be listening for. He then casually says "Have we talked about her heart murmur before?" To which I just as casually reply "Uh, no, we haven't...."

He says it's fairly common and nothing to be too concerned about right now. We'll just watch it. So, for once........ I'm going to not worry and JUST WATCH IT. I posted on DST and one of my baby boards and from the 40+ replies I got from people who either had one or have children with one only TWO needed surgery to correct them. Only 2? Those are odds I'm willing to feeling confident in. Chances are very good it's really mild and she'll outgrow it. If it were more severe I think we would have known before this.

Let us for a moment if you will, go over how MANY times this little one has given me a reason to worry since conception......

Begining of pregnancy: Told there was no baby and was possibly cancer
16 weeks pregnant: bleeding and had to get a shot
34 weeks: Dangerous amount of bleeding, couldn't find her heart beat and thought the worst :( she tried to come early. Spend month in hospital worrying every day.
Day 2 of life: Chokes while in the hospital luckily the nurse saw and quickly suctioned and flipped her over.
3 months old: 2 choking instinces where she turned blue. Rushed her to hospital, spent the night.
7 months old: Heart murmur.

Anything else Maggie? Let's just get it out now........ :)

3 comments:

greatgrandmawebb said...

I am so sorry for all your worries.
Eileen had a heart murmur too and
they even let her into the Army.
Give your worries to the Lord and
he will dole them out to you when
you really need to worry. I believe we are only alloted so many
worries in our lifetime and if we
use them up we may not have one
when we really need one. God will
always be there even when you dont
think you need Him. I love you
and your whole family, and will
continue to keep you in my prayers

Shannon Bieger said...

Ok, Mags that's it. You're all done. You've used up your trouble-making opportunities. That means you can't be mischievous as a toddler, sassy as a kid or rebellious as a teenager. You had your chance. You chose heart murmur. No more trouble from you little missy.

Anonymous said...

I had a heart murmur when I was a kid. I outgrew it. I think it's genetic on the Weiss side (like mental illness)