Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fire!

Part of Corona burned today... fortunately for us it was about 5 miles away. But this is what I saw as I was leaving to go help Beth and Tony move.


Yeah, that's the Green River Bridge and the fire is right below that white retaining wall. I could feel the heat inside my truck as I got on the freeway. A few minutes later the freeway was all closed up and no one else could get through.

When I got home around 9pm, Juggy still hadn't gone to bed. He'd been watching TV today and was all afraid that "Daddy got burned up!". Poor little guy. I took him upstairs and laid with him in bed explaining that I was very careful and didn't get stuck in the fire and that Mommy was safe too. We talked for about 15 minutes or so and he drifted off to sleep. Those with little ones... they don't need to see the news reports. They don't understand the reality of the event, only that bad things are happening to *someone*. I'll keep working on Gavin tomorrow... it'll be a new day (albeit a really sore one).

2 comments:

greatgrandmawebb said...

It would be nice if we could shield our kids from the ugly news
but that is not possible. Thank
God for loving daddies like Brian
who takes the time to love comfort
and assure the little ones that
God is in his heaven and all's
well with the world. God bless you
Brian. Love you guys

Dawn said...

Good job Brian...you are a good daddy. Give the kids a hug and a kiss from us...we love you all very much!